For some reason, recapping the weekend is always so difficult. If I didn’t do anything fun, I have to figure out a way to present the pictures in a way that hides the fact that I can be a loser-ish, lazy hermit. I need to keep up this cool persona I have going for myself. (<<Totally kidding. You all know I’m just as cool in real life.) (<< Except I’m not. Don’t let me fool you.)
On the other hand, if I had a fabulous weekend, it’s hard to capture that excitement and happiness in one little post, usually with minimal pictures.
This weekend definitely falls into the latter category. But, since it’s Sunday night, I’m hungry, and I want to shower before bed, I’m going to make this recap easy on myself. With a list. ’Cause lists make everything (like life) 100x easier.
TEN THINGS I DID THIS WEEKEND
1. Drove from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles to see Jake’s fully furnished apartment. The last time I was there was in June, and we had just moved him in. Despite the trafficky drive (it freaking took 3.5 hours to get there!), it was so nice to see his bachelor pad. He has pretty good decorating skills, eh?
2. Ate Chinese food that Jake so kindly ordered. (*Ahem cough* after I threatened him on my drive over that if he didn’t have food waiting for me upon my arrival I would force him to sleep on the couch *Ahem cough*.) Sorry for the coughing. Must be getting sick or something.
4. Had dinner with the “in-law.” No, Jake’s mom Keri is obviously not my in-law, but after almost five years of being with her son, it sure feels like it. It was so nice to see her! Horrible picture of me, but isn’t she a hot mama?
5. Ate at Umami Burger. Again.
6. Forced Jake to take a picture with me. In the first picture his eyes were closed so I yelled at him to look better. He may have overcompensated on the eye thing a bit.
And for the record, I didn’t really yell at him, because I’m a sweet girlfriend. Just don’t go asking him for his side of the story or anything.
7. Ate mint Oreos at 11am, and decided that the fresh taste they leave in your mouth totally means you can get away with not brushing your teeth. Oreos > Crest.
(But I did brush my teeth, promise.)
8. Made homemade mac & cheese with bacon. And then ate 5 bites and felt like I was gonna explode (hashtag bacon grease problems).
9. Made salted pretzel chocolate caramel cookies, ate three bites, and then proceeded to moan on the couch about my stomachache.
10. Soaked up every second with this sexy face. And put my feet in his face whenever I had the chance. You can totally tell by his face that my feet smell like roses.
In the comments: If you’re a blogger, do you like writing weekend recap posts? What was the best thing you ate this weekend?