Dear Former U.S. Presidents (esp. Georgie Dub and Abe, AKA the birthday boys),
Thank you for this day off of school. And, you know, for doing some good things for Amurrica. But mostly for this day off of school.
Long weekends are the best. Especially since I’m moving rooms in my apartment this weekend. Seriously, this is much more labor intensive than I originally anticipated. I’m making some progress though, so that’s good.
But, with this whole moving thing and this whole getting a college education thing, I’ve been pretty busy. Doing what, you may ask? Well it’s your lucky day, since I’m about to tell you.
1. Story of the day: I was getting ready to go teach my cardio kickboxing class. I had no clean workout pants, so I pulled out my fave pair of workout capris. The only issue? My legs have been in hibernation mode and were sporting a major winter coat. I didn’t want to scare my cardio kickboxers off, so I attempted a dry shave. Apparently, I haven’t learned anything in my decade+ of shaving since this is clearly the worst idea ever. My legs have been stinging all day. I even iced them. OMG. Worst pain ever. (Although, I’ve never pushed an eight pound human out of my coslopus, so I don’t know if I’m qualified to make that claim.)
2. I saw a bunny! Hiiii, bunny!
3. I downloaded a few Jillian Michaels podcasts from iTunes (for FREE!) and I’ve been listening to them as I walk to campus. Do this. They’re totally awesome and hilarious and entertaining which is good since I’m from the Internet generation and I can’t possibly just enjoy nature without some technological stimulation.
4. I went to a pretty fab clown party on Sunday. The girl I used to nanny for turned 5! It was great to see her and her sweet little sister. BTdubs? It took 110% of my willpower to not eat the cake and the piñata candy. I had Diet 7-Up instead. Wayyyy healthier.
5. I went to Trader Joe’s and only spent $26. Success! Except, I really only got enough food to last me an hour. Oh well. And P.S.? After many, many experiments, I’ve determined that the TJ’s White Cheddar Popcorn does not, in fact, have five servings. It has two at best. Oh hell, who am I kidding? It has one serving.
This is what America is about… 3-day weekends and overindulgence of cheesy popcorn!