I love my mom and dad.
Wow, Carly. You win the award for The Most Obvious Statement Ever.
Yeah. Love my parents. Duh. Now that I’m away at school (a whopping 45 minutes from them), I love and appreciate seeing them SO much more. In particular, here are my favorite parts about my ‘rents coming to visit:
1. Family selfies, usually instigated by my dad
2. Ordering appetizers. My college student budget doesn’t really allow this. This is especially exciting when the appetizers include fresh pita and hummus + sweet potato cachapas with fresh mozzarella.
3. Eating out with people who are used to (and somewhat okay with) me picking food off of their plates. Most of my friends find it weird and/or disgusting if I try to do this.
4. Showing off my campus!
5. Being told repeatedly how cute I look in hats. I think they make me look super weird, but since I was young, my parents have been obsessed with me in hats. I totally soak up the attention.
6. Free groceries. My dad and I wandered into Whole Foods while my mom bought some air fresheners at Bath and Body Works. I emerged with a few apples and some Larabars. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
More than anything else though, I just love hanging out and spending time with them. You guys are the best, and I love you tons!
(And I’m not just saying that because I want you guys to buy me more food. It couldn’t hurt, though.)