Soorrrrry for being totally absent yesterday. I know you all were pining away for me.
Can I tell you something? The quarter system sucks. SUCKS. I’m in week three right now. Want to know how many midterms I have in week three? Two. Two of them.
Okay, I’m no mathematician, but in what world is 2.5 weeks out of 10 considered “mid term.” Apparently in my crazy world. I should be used to it by now since I’m approximately 863 quarters in (or at least it feels like it) but I’m so not. Yuck.
The point that I’m trying to make is that my life lately has been pretty damn boring. Luckily for you guys, I sifted through the boringness of my week and picked out the least boring bits for sharing.
1. Late last week, something kiiind of strange happened in Davis. There was an explosion. Basically, a junior researcher at UC Davis was (allegedly) doing something with some kind of hazardous chemicals (Breaking Bad, anyone?) in his apartment, and they exploded. They evacuated the apartment complex for hours and hours and proceeded to “get rid of” the chemicals. This translated into controlled detonations of chemicals until about 1:00am. Needless to say, it was insanely loud and I didn’t get much sleep that night.
2. I kind of had a life-changing epiphany. Stacy London is the Jillian Michaels of the fashion world. Or Jillian Michaels is the Stacy London of the fitness world. Anybody? Yes? No? Just go with it.
3. I am insanely tired of incompetent TAs. In my nutrition class, we never even meet the professor. Instead, the entire class is run by TAs. My particular TA is a crazy stickler for grammar and spelling. She even marks points off if she personally dislikes a student’s writing style. So, you can imagine my frustration when I read her notes on my paper. I’m pretty “possitive” that I don’t want to take spelling and grammar advice from a woman who forgets how to spell
4. The #1 thing I miss about not eating sugar (besides cereal and cookies and ice cream and…Um…) is ketchup. Green bean fries become much less fry-like when not dragged though pounds of ketchup.
5. I cooked up a Trader Joe’s 96/4 burger the other day. Want to know my favorite part of the entire meal? The little crispy, burned bits of cheese that fell off of the burger and onto the pan. Mmmmmm.
6. I found $5 in my pocket. Noooiiiiice.
7. Yogurt bowls. Always yogurt bowls.
So yeah. I found eight somewhat exciting things happening in my life. Success!
That is, if you include crispy cheese and bad spelling on your list of exciting things.