So I was at the gym pumping out some cardio whilst watching reruns of Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. Super classy, I know. Don’t even mention it.
During a commercial break, something somewhat traumatizing came on.
A Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial. Kill me now.
Drool may have dripped on the elliptical.
And since I get weirdly obsessed with my food cravings and can’t stop thinking about them until I either (1) torture myself by compulsively looking at pictures of said craving on Pinterest, or (2) give in, I knew I had to take action.
Hence, my new creation. A Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake. With homemade peanut butter. And, of course, with no added sugar.
Making the peanut butter was ridiculously easy. You could obviously use store bought, but I’d highly recommend whirring up a batch of your own. Want to know how I did it?
1. Put peanuts into a food processor.
2. Turn the food processor on.
3. That’s it.
Seriously. Please do this.
Once you have that fresh, warm, creamy peanut butter, throw it into a no sugar added, low calorie, calcium-packed milkshake!
Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
1 Cup Skim Milk
3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Banana, frozen
2 TBSP Peanut Butter (1 for the shake, 1 for topping)
1 TBSP Peanuts, chopped
1 Packet Stevia or sweetener of choice
~1/8 tsp each Guar and Xanthan Gums (if you don’t have these, just omit)
Pinch of salt
You can also add vanilla extract and/or powdered peanut butter. These things both have added sugar, though, so I didn’t.
1. Put milk, cocoa powder, banana, stevia, ice, guar gum, xanthan gum, salt, and 1 TBSP peanut butter into blender. Blend until desired consistency is reached. Add more ice or gums for thicker texture.
2. Pour milkshake into container and freeze for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Pour milkshake into 2 separate glasses. Top each glass with ½ TBSP of peanut butter and half of the peanuts.
Nutrition Stats for 1/2 of recipe: Calories, 246 grams; Carbs, 27 grams; Fat, 12 grams; Protein, 11 grams
Weight Watchers Points per 1/2 of recipe: 5PP
We all know that peanut butter + chocolate is the universe’s gift to us. Enjoy it.