1. I just had a totally ridiculous, but not so surprising realization. For the past sixteen days, I’ve eaten some variation of plain, fat-free Fage Greek yogurt + fruit for breakfast. Every day. For the entire duration of 2013. Who does that?! No, seriously. What does that say about me as a person? That I’m predictable and boring?
Or maybe just that I really like yogurt and fruit.
2. I can’t even tell you guys how happy I am to have all of my TV shows back on. I’m a mayyyyyjor TV junkie. My favorite shows right now? The Biggest Loser, Girls, The Bachelor, and Modern Family. And that list doesn’t include the other 8,052 shows that I watch every week.
3. I’ve walked to school every single day this week. I’ve been so sick of biking! Just don’t tell the Davis authorities or I’ll be excommunicated from this biking town. I calculated that I walk about 3-4 miles per day, depending on whether or not I take the bus home. Which I always do if it’s dark out because I get terrified being outside in the dark. That reminds me, I need to buy some mace.
4. When I buy gum, I usually finish the pack by the end of the day. It’s a problem. Especially since gum makes me bloated and crampy. So, I was pretty thrilled when my textbooks arrived in the mail and this mini 6-piece pack of gum was inside the box! And yes, I did finish it in one day.
5. My palate has no sense of the freezing cold weather. I’ve been craving yogurt, fruit, and smoothies like crazy! My new favorite milkshake recipe? A cup of skim milk, a banana, two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, tons of spinach, a bit of stevia, ice, and xanthan/guar gums! It’s so good and refreshing. Plus it packs about 10-12 grams of protein! Sweet (literally)!
6. I’ve been so proud of myself for getting my workouts in six days per week! It’s definitely a vast increase from the end of Fall Quarter + Winter Break. Even if it’s just an elliptical session, I always feel so good and productive after I work out. I started my strength training program yesterday (Wednesday) courtesy of the lovely and awesome Paige! I won her new year Online Personal Training giveaway and I’m so thrilled. If you’re stuck in an exercise or healthy eating rut, definitely check out her services- she offers online personal training and nutritional coaching!
Don’t I look thrilled to be doing those walking lunges? Creeeeeepppyyyy, yeah? I look like an evil clown doll.
7. With this crazy cold weather comes dry skin. Especially dry hands because they’re so exposed to the elements. The fix? L’Occitane hand lotion. It works wonders.
8. I want to branch out in my meat consumption (right now it’s only boneless, skinless chicken breast), but I honestly don’t know what else to try. I’m so weird about preparing any kind of meat, and large quantities of red meat gives me a stomachache. Somebody help?
9. I’ve still been drinking my warm water with lemon (almost) every morning! Wants to see pictures of lemons and water? Just in case you forget what it looks like! Recycled pitchahs, saaaaaahhh-reeee (That’s my Boston accent, in case you were wondering.)
10. My pinky toenail just fell off. Like literally just now. And I’m not including a picture because I like you guys and I definitely wouldn’t ever subject you to that. Although, just a few days ago I showed you all pictures of dirty feet, so I guess it wouldn’t be that out of character.
11. Candles. Candles all the time. Buy the “Paris Daydream” candle from B&BW. It smells like perfume and cologne and it’s super sexy.
12. I’ve had a few moments while doing this “no added sugar” thing where I’ve wondered, “Would gummy vitamins and calcium chews count as added sugar?” The answer is probably, “yes, they would count.” Plus, I don’t really have money to spend on fun-flavored vitamins, especially considering I usually consume 8x the serving size so they’re gone in about 2 seconds. But still. Sometimes a gummy bear just sounds yummy.
13. I’m such a feminine cliché. In elementary and early middle school, I totally wanted to be the tomboy “guys’ girl” à la Avril Lavigne and Gwen Stefani (aka my two idols at the time). I’m so not. I finally accepted that I love trashy TV and wedding shows and online shopping and candles and pretty, glittery things. And that I hate watching sports (unless queso dip is involved) and anything having to do with cars and/or motorcycles and guns.
Aaaaand now that I’ve just successfully stereotypes both genders, I’m gonna go.