You guys. I have been seriously bombarding you with recipe posts these past few days. And I’ve done approximately zero day-in-the-life, look-at-this-food-I-stuffed-into-my-face posts. Don’t worry, you’re not missing out. My days look kind of like this: wake up, school, gym, study, ugh, ahhhh, stressful, food, food, more school, more studying, sleep.
And another thing? I didn’t even plan to post this recipe today. I was going to wait until next week to post it. But I couldn’t wait. It would be cruel of me to keep this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chicken from you for even a moment longer.
So I won’t.
Tangy Lemon Almond Chicken
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 oz plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
1/3 cup almonds, toasted
2 TBSP whole-wheat flour
Juice of 1 lemon
Basil or other herbs (optional)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix Greek yogurt, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. Cut chicken breasts into number of desired pieces (I did 4 servings, but you could easily stretch this to 6 servings)
4. Put chicken in bag and pound!
5. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
6. Place almonds and flour in a food processor. Process until the almonds are pulverized into a powder. Season.
7. Time to layer! First, layer the Greek yogurt mixture equally on top of each piece of chicken. Then, top with the almond mixture.
8. Bake for ~30 minutes or until cooked through. Let it rest for a few minutes, and then enjoy!
Nutritional stats for 4 servings- 262 calories; 8g fat; 7g carbs; 45g protein; 7 WeightWatchers Points+
Nutritional stats for 6 servings- 174 calories; 5g fat; 4.5g carbs; 30g protein; 5 WeightWatchers Points+
Note: To make these a little crispier, just drizzle some olive oil on top before baking!
And now I’ll never ever need to invent another recipe because I can just eat this chicken for the rest of my life. Ah, joy.