4. You got no sleep the night before due to Instagram stalking-induced insomnia (ever looked up #bagelandcreamcheese? How about #unlikelyanimalfriends? What about #chocolateseduction? #shoeshopping? Well now it’s 3am and you haven’t slept at all.) Sometimes (usually) (always) sleep is more important than a workout. You need a pre-dinner nap more than you need an hour spent on the stationary bike watching Food Network.
5. You forgot to bring your gym clothes to work. Don’t be that person throwing around weights in jeans and bare feet. It makes the rest of us feel weird.
6. You got a new kitten. Those things stay tiny and cute for approximately 8.3 seconds and every moment you spend at the gym is another moment that creature moves further from squishable cuddle bug and closer to angsty teenage feline murderer.
7. You tore an easy-access hole in your only pair of workout pants. Nobody needs to see the goods through the crotch hole in your LuLus.. Although I can think of one other form of exercise you might be able to use those pants for ifyaknowwhatimean. Nope. Weird. Sorry.
8. Free pizza giveaway on the side of town opposite that of your gym. GO GET THE PIZZA!
11. You accidentally drank too much last night and saw that hot personal trainer from your gym out on the town and might have serenaded him with a sizzling rendition of Olivia Newton John’s “Let’s Get Physical” and then puked mozzarella sticks all over the stage.
12. Your body and your mind and your sore legs are telling you not to go. If you decide to skip a workout, it doesn’t mean you’re making excuses or that you have no willpower or that you’re not committed to your health. It just means that you’re a grown ass human who can make his/her own decisions. Sometimes you gotta push through and get that workout in. Other times? No. And that’s okay.
IN THE COMMENTS:
Reasons to skip the gym… GO!